Saturday, September 7, 2013

Breakfast Cupcakes

Every good food idea always starts with...I was browsing Pinterest!

I came across these while looking for some new breakfast ideas for the kids. We have a lot of fruit and oatmeal and while they don't mind it...I wanted to give them a little more variety which brings the Breakfast Cupcakes into play. 





Preheat the over to 375
Daddy has duty today making it just the boys and I, so we only made a half batch of pancake batter. We chose to use blueberries and bacon to mix in the batter. 


Be sure to spray cupcake pan with Pam to keep it from sticking.


1 scoop of batter in each. I used an ice cream scooper.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, top it off with a little butter and syrup and you've got a yummy breakfast cupcake. 

I used a cupcake pan since I was making these for children but you could use a muffin pan for larger cupcakes, or even a small cupcake pan for a bite size cupcake. Baking times will vary depending on the size of the pan.


Talon approves!! :) Kellen on the other hand isn't feel well this morning and is my picky eater so he refused to try it.
I'm not a big breakfast person but I even had a cupcake. I would have preferred mine to not have any blueberries in it so maybe next time I make it, mine will be only bacon. You could also try adding different nuts or other fruits. 

4 comments:

  1. Aiden would love these! I make some similar ones with banana that Aiden loves, I definitely need to try making different varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! I'm going to make some for Grant because I'm pretty sure he would eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what were the measurements for the batter/water? i'm gonna make these for audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just followed the directions on the box for the pancake batter. I did a half batch though.

    ReplyDelete