Sunday, August 25, 2013

My 1st week of Kindergarten!

Summer has ended!


I officially have a "big kid". My oldest son Talon started Kindergarten last week. Some days it is really hard to believe I really have a FIVE year old and that he has grown into his own little person. He is such a sweet loving child who is full of personality.


I woke up at 6am so that I could have breakfast ready, lunch packed, and clothes laid out. I not only have to get Talon ready but also my youngest son, Kellen. Around 6:45am I woke the boys up and they ate breakfast while watching Disney Jr, showered, and got dressed for the day. We left between 7:45-8am and arrived at school between 8-8:15am. Each morning Kellen and I walked Talon to the cafeteria where he would socialize with other classmates until the bell rang at 8:25 to begin his day. 
I was not sad to drop him off because he was full of excitement. Anxious, to meet his teacher! Excited to make new friends! Eager to LEARN! How could I be sad? Sure, I would miss him while he was at school but this is an exciting milestone in his life. I'll look back later when he is grown and be sad then.  


1st day


So anxious, I arrived at 2:30pm to pick him up and the 30 minute wait to hear about it day seemed like an eternity! As soon as Talon got in the car, Kellen's face lit up. I asked how his day went and he started telling me about his teachers, his new found friends and how he can't wait to go back tomorrow. Every morning he woke up more excited about school than the previous day.

Our first week of Kindergarten was a success and I am looking forward to PTA meetings, class parties and school field trips. 


2nd day 
3rd day
4th day
5th day! Clearly over these daily photos.

This is our first of many blog posts, so be sure to subscribe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment